Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Save the Date

by Marcus Sakey


So I was looking at my calendar this morning and realized something.

My debut novel The Blade Itself comes out in 41 days.

Holy crap.

This is very exciting news. One thing a lot of people outside the publishing industry don’t realize is just how long the process takes. I finished my first draft of the book eighteen months ago. Sold it fourteen ago. Hell, I finished the draft of my second book four months ago, and Blade is still not out.

But on January 9th, just 41 short days away, it will be. And in one of those moments of strange synchronicity, another debut novel drops that same day—fellow Outfit member Sean Chercover’s Big City, Bad Blood.

This, we have decided, is worthy of celebration. And we’d like you to join us, because, hey, that’s what a celebration is about.

If you live in Chicago or the outlying area, come to our launch party. Hoist a beer and chat with authors, reviewers, booksellers, and friends. Beer, wine, booze, and apps are on us. Both our books will be available for sale, but you don’t have to buy one to get in, so come out for a couple of pints and some chicken wings.

Sheffield’s Tavern
3258 N. Sheffield (two blocks from the Belmont red/brown stop)
Thursday, January 11
Technically 8 – 10 pm, but we’ll be there till they toss us

Very much hope to see you there!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....chicken wings. Sounds great--I'll be there!

-Dave

Anonymous said...

I'm there. Go figure. Two releases in the same night... hey, wait a minute - am I being cheated out of a beer night?

Dana King said...

I was fortunate enough to be an advance reader for Big City, Bad Blood. Good stuff for anyone more interested in story than body counts.

Barbara D'Amato said...

congratulationscongratulationscongratulationscongratulationscongratulationscongratulationscongratulations
Barb

Sean Chercover said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sean Chercover said...

Home Office: Thanks for the kind words about Big City, Bad Blood. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

And thanks to Marcus for filling-in on short notice with the blog post.

Hope to see you all on Jauary 11th.

Rob Gregory Browne said...

Wish I could be there, Marcus. If only to see you and Sean strip down to your underwear and jump into the Chicago River...

Didn't think anyone would ever bring that up again, did you?

Linda C. McCabe said...

Have fun!

I don't live anywhere close, so I'll pass. However, I did forward the open invite to my nephew who at Northwestern. Hopefully he'll forward the message to cool and interesting people to help make your party a rousing success.

Unknown said...

`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`