Tuesday, April 22, 2008

SEAN WINS THE GUMSHOE!


Mystery Ink, the website run by Chicago Sun Times crime fiction reviewer David Montgomery, announced the winners of the seventh annual Gumshoe Awards, and guess who won Best First? That's right... it's Outfiteer Sean Chercover for BIG CITY, BAD BLOOD! Here's the list:


Best Mystery:
James Lee Burke - The Tin Roof Blowdown (Simon & Schuster)

Best Thriller:
Robert Crais - The Watchman (Simon & Schuster)

Best First Novel:
Sean Chercover - Big City, Bad Blood (William Morrow)


Lifetime Achievement Award:
Donald E. Westlake

Best Crime Fiction Website:
The Thrilling Detective: www.thrillingdetective.com

For more information, go to: http://www.mysteryinkonline.com/gumshoe.htm


WAY TO GO, SEAN!!!

7 comments:

Tasha Alexander said...

Sean, this makes me so very happy! It's wonderful to see you getting the accolades you deserve. Will you soon have an entourage and theme music?

Congratulations!!!!

Sara Paretsky said...

yes, theme music! We all should have a haunting or stirring or something melody that announces our presence, like the little riff that tells you Mimi is about to come on stage!

Sean, congratulations.

Dana King said...

Major props, sir. I had hoped to catch a glimpse of you, maybe touch your garment, at Bouchercon. Fat chance now; I'm not fighting my way through the Gumshoe Groupies, flinging their underwear with hotel keys pinned to them.

All kidding aside, it is well deserved. I read the book, and it's a keeper.

Jude Hardin said...

I have a signed first edition. ;)

Congrats, man!!!!

Michael Dymmoch said...

Congratulations!!!

Sean Chercover said...

Thanks, guys! Needless to say, I'm giddy about the Gumshoe.

As for theme music, I think I'd like Noel Anthony's version of "Zombie Jamboree" to play whenever I enter a room.

Kevin Guilfoile said...

Awesome, Sean! Congrats!