Monday, November 09, 2009

My Brain Hurts!

-Sean Chercover

NOTE: To those of you attending (and you should) Murder & Mayhem In Muskego this coming weekend ... rest assured, I'm headed to the doc in the morning, so if I'm there, I'm not contagious.

Okay, so I'm sick. Had this stupid cold for a few days, no big deal, but now I've got a fever...



...and a monster headache...



...and other symptoms too unpleasant to report here, so it seems to have turned from a stupid cold into a stupid flu.

Anyway. My brain is addled, and I can't think of a damn thing to blog about.

Tomorrow morning, after the doctor tells me I just have the regular flu and not the piggy flu (knock on wood), I plan to curl up in bed and drink Neo Citran and watch movies all day.

Got any recommendations for me?

9 comments:

Kevin Guilfoile said...

I just watched LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, which is the best Norwegian vampire movie I've seen by a wide margin. Seems like a good flick to watch when you are forced to be under blankets.

Part of me is actually hoping to get sick this winter, because I've wanted an excuse to rewatch KILL BILL I-II in its entirety and I just can't justify the time investment while healthy.

In the past, AFTER HOURS has been by sick-time comfort watch.

Jen Jordan said...

If you have any green in your sputum, it is most likely bacterial. Green = evil!!!!!

Sara Paretsky said...

Sean, cancel! I just cancelled a long-standing gig in Montreal for tomorrow because of similar symptoms. And I feel like a rat. Please cancel Muskegon so I can feel less ratty!

David Heinzmann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David Heinzmann said...

i just tried to register for MinM at the last minute and couldn't becuase it's full. I guess I'll feel better about missing it if Sean gets everybody sick.

Spanish Inquisitor said...

This sounds like a good time to WRITE. Of course, you might not be able to make much sense of the results when your brain is later working normally. But then again...

Besides. I can't go to Muskego, why should you?

Dana King said...

BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID can serve as comfort food in movie form. Like visiting an old friend where neither of you feels the need to talk to enjoy each other's company.

Sean Chercover said...

Everybody in Wisconsin can rest easy - I'm definitely contagious, and not going to the event.

Damn.

At least I made you feel a little less ratty, Sara. That's something.

S.I. - I thought you were going to Muskego. Maybe I'm misremembering. Anyway, sorry you can't go, hope all is well.

Kevin - My father-in-law is from Norway. I suspect watching a Norwegian vampire movie while and high on NyQuil might leave permanent scars on my psyche, and probably wouldn't help family dynamics one bit.

Thanks Dana - saw Butch & Sundance just a couple months ago. Always a great movie.

Okay. I'm done. Back to bed...

David Heinzmann said...

Hey, tell the Muskego folks to give me your spot. Oh, and sorry you're feeling poorly.