Friday, February 18, 2011

Went to the Idea Store....

by Michael Dymmoch

...the other day— Er... the CVS pharmacy. I was getting instant prints made at the Kodak kiosk when I noticed U.S. Passport wallets for sale at the camera counter.



Then, along with my prints, I received some prints left by a previous customer—passport photos, judging by the size. Which gave me an idea for a story about a devious or desperate person who finds someone else’s passport photos in a film kiosk and notices the passport wallets conveniently for sale and a security camera recording the activities in the store, and...

My reprints cost me $3.82. There was no charge for the story idea.


On another note, my Cannon G10 is way too convenient—fits in a pocket so it goes almost everywhere with me. I use it to record really cool stuff:








and odd signs,

















and what I call visual puns:

(pigeon & scare pigeon)








Great fun.

But then, I'm easily amused.

16 comments:

Jill said...

I love this story... Fodder comes from the strangest places. If the drugstore isn't enough inspiration, then your random photos are. (I really chuckled at "Killing people is rude" - talk about an understatement!)

Dana King said...

Every time I hear of someone asking a writer where she gets her ideas, I want to shout, "Pat attention! You're tripping over them." The trick is not in finding good ideas; it's in finding good ideas for stories you can write well. What could be a great idea for you might be a stinker for Libby (to choose an Outfit member at random), and vice versa.

Lori said...

Allen Center Visitors sign---Northwestern campus, I presume. Their parking is far away, so the telephone is to call for a pickup.

Michael Dymmoch said...

Jill, I already have enough story ideas for three lifetimes. Wish I could find a store that sells hours.

Dana, you are soooo right.

Lori, Thanks for clearing up the mystery. I didn't have time the day I took that shot to find someone to ask.

essay papers said...

Great post! I like it.

teguh priyanto said...

T
B
B
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H

teguh priyanto said...

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H

X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

teguh priyanto said...

T
B
B
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H

teguh priyanto said...

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H

X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

Obat kanker serviks manjur said...

X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D

Obat kanker serviks manjur said...

D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D

D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D

teguh priyanto said...

A
B
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C

C
C
C
C
C
C

teguh priyanto said...

C
C
C
C
C
C
C
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
BE
BE
BE
BE
BE
BE
BE
BE
BE
BE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE

Obat kanker serviks manjur said...

TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE

Obat kanker serviks manjur said...

TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE

Namaku Keren said...

`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`