Thursday, June 30, 2011

Writer

by Michael Dymmoch

Every writer keeps files with ideas, plot summaries, lines of dialog. Mine are in a folder titled "Great Beginnings." Sometimes, when I access it to add something I don't want to work on but don't want to forget, I reread one of the files. I did that today and discovered something I scribbled in 2009, something I'd forgotten I wrote:

One of those rainy October mornings, with the streets imperfectly reflecting sky and traffic lights, collecting red and yellow leaves along the gutters. I was passing Saks in Highland Park. They had the bronze security gate halfway up, and a young woman was kneeling to clean the smudges off the glass doors. As she paused in her task, she gazed out at the rainy landscape. Her expression seemed to reflect the wet gray sky.


Writer.

I observe my surroundings,
especially the people around me.
I observe myself observing.
It's not unlike the glimpse of absurdity
you get in a fun house,
where a mirror reflects
a smaller reflection of itself
reflecting a smaller reflection of itself
ad infinitum.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicago police are making a frameup for a Chicago crime ring and the star of the frameup is named LEONARD COX(10 yr con male prostitute on welfare) I can prove cops know he and his witness made false police reports to try to frame me and police know after they heard my 20 minute confession tapes of Leonard Cox.

All these crimes are linked to Cox burglary, arson, theft

dissertation writing said...

thanks a lot for the post! very interesting!

Michael Dymmoch said...

horror stories,
Thank you.

Anonymous,
I'm not sure how to respond.

dissertation writing,
You're welcome. And thank you.

pay for paper said...

Amazing article. Thanks.

maldives tour said...

Great post, thank for share! I will return this blog to read more useful posts. Thanks!

Power Scooters said...

Wow, nice post,there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.Thank you for sharing to us.Please one more post about that..

royalessays review said...

what a great post! i really like it and wanted to say thanks for sharing!

Masters Dissertation UK said...

"This blog is really very interesting and easy to understand the information provided in it. It is very nice to view this blog and it's nice to see the best information cited here.
Thank you."

Drive Scorpion Replica Jacket said...

This post is full of innovative ideas and creativity. Thanks for sharing this post.

sociology thesis proposal example said...

I am look onward just before your additional post almost immediately.

Nuvaring Lawsuit said...

what an excellent post! i actually find it irresistible and needed to mention thanks for sharing!NuvaRing Class Action

Unknown said...

TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE

Unknown said...

`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`