Hey folks, I hope you’ll forgive me today’s post, but I wanted to take the opportunity to talk about, well, me. More precisely, about my new book, THE AMATEURS, which will be released a week from tomorrow. It’s the story of four friends in their early thirties who aren’t happy with where they’ve ended up in life, and who undertake a risky plan to try to take everything they think they deserve.
Things do not go smoothly.
In any case, besides begging you to buy an armload of copies, I also wanted to tell you about a couple of things I’m doing to promote the novel.
The first is a contest based on a game in the book called, “Ready, Go,” essentially a question game:
"If you died today, what would you most regret? Ready, go."I’m hosting a couple weeks of "Ready, Go" for some pretty stellar prize packages, including one worth about $750 in hardcover books, many of them signed. (For a full list, click here.)
Here's how to play:
- Every day I pose a new "Ready, Go" question on Twitter and Facebook
- To enter via Twitter, ReTweet your answer, including the tags @marcussakey and #TheAmateurs
- To enter on Facebook, visit my profile and respond
- Enter as often as you like. Respond on both Twitter and Facebook for double points!
- When the contest is over, I'll select three winners at random, so the more days you participate, the better your odds. Simple as that.
The second thing I wanted to tell you about is my release party in Chicago. It will be on August 6th, from 7 – 10pm, at Sheffield’s (3258 N. Sheffield), one of my favorite bars. Come by and have a drink with me, and bring your friends. The more the merrier.
Finally, my tour schedule is as finalized as it tends to get. Check out the dates here. Hope you’ll come out to see me!
Thanks again for the indulgence, and don’t forget, buying copies of THE AMATEURS has been proven to lower cholesterol, assure conviction of corrupt ex-governors, and protect baby seals.*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Or anyone else.
Follow me on Twitter or Facebook